This week we worked with shift registers and multiplexers in the lab hours. I found these pretty complicated at the start, but after lots of trial and error it started working for me. I found the wiring to be the hardest after learning the code a little, as a mess of wires with small pins can start to get very confusing for me. The wire diagrams that we followed for class made it much easier for me, but I am nervous about not having one of those in the future when I end up using them for a different project. I definitely was much happier with shift registers, because the way they use the binary to create the output makes sense to me.
this is the circuit that was made with the shift register
This is the circut I made with the multiplexer